Sunday, December 6, 2015

And my first weekend back at Yellowstone is rolling to an end. Right now we are all on a Saturday/Sunday off type of schedule till about the 18th I think, then we go back to a seven day schedule where your days off can be whatever they need them to be, lol.

So Saturday, I got talked into helping out with a competition that was taking place at the Gardiner High School. This was a Speech/Drama/Debate competition and they were short on judges and were contemplating cancelling the event because of it. I friend of mine at work told me about the problem and I decided I'd help if I could.

Turned out pretty well I think. The competition was held, and I judged three events: Extemporaneous Speech, Spontaneous Oral Interpretation, and in the finals, Improvisational Speech. I stayed till the end so I could watch the kids get their awards and they are really enthusiastic about the whole thing. Very, very talented teens all the way around.

It was a long day so when it was done I treated myself to a nice steak at the Mine Restaurant in town. Didn't feel like heading to the employee dining room. Plus, there is a bar a the restaurant, not one at the EDR, lol.

Today was a routine day and I decided to head on out to get some supplies I'd neglected to get, and needed. Went to the store in Gardiner after a stop at the sandwich shop. Got my supplies and then, yup, you guessed it, went for a drive. Spent most of the afternoon either down Old Yellowstone Trail, Cinnibar Basin Road, or up above Gardiner on the mountainside. Great views and good weather for the most part.

I got plenty of photos of Elk, Bison, Deer, and Bighorn Sheep. Some of them were actually IN Gardiner, lol. Interesting place to live I think.

Now, back to the mundane tasks such as laundry and putting things away that I've finally lugged up from the Jeep. Trying to not have so much stuff in the room this season, just not necessary. It does seem to accumulate though.

Pack Rat that I am.

Mac

No comments: