Saturday, August 30, 2014

Winding down......

It has been quite a while since I last posted anything and I'm no sure why that is. Many things have happened, I've gone places and done things, and life has just gotten better and better. So, why no new posts?

I'm not really sure. On the one hand it could be that I have been too busy and just having too much fun to mess with it. Then again, it could be the lousy internet connection we have here and the fact my laptop crapped out and I had to acquire a new one (or at least new to me, lol #pawnshopspecial) and that kept me from posting for a bit as well. But it all comes down to not really having a good excuse for such a long pause in the action.

The season is almost over as I have about thirty days left on my contract. I do not know where the summer went. It has flown by so quickly and I am hurtling toward October 1st in a headlong fall toward the end it seems. Soon I'll have to start packing things up, put the bike in my trailer, and start planning for some trip to take for a while.

Somehow, I've talked myself into coming back for a winter season. I've always wanted to see Yellowstone in the winter and now it seems I will. My new contract will last from December 16 of this year, till April 3rd of next year. By then I'll have either gotten a new summer contract, or made a decision to move on and do something else next summer.

So, on October 1st, I'll once again be in the wind. I'm thinking a ride down the coast highway. Head west from here to Seattle, then head up and around then down on highway 101 along the coast till it turns into highway 1, then on down to San Diego before heading to Las Vegas to my brothers place for a while. I have a new niece to meet and get to know, then maybe head east to see more friends and family all over.

It's a tough life, I know, but someone has to do it, LOL.

Mac

No comments: