Thursday, March 27, 2014

So, it's been a while since I last posted anything, and lots has happened. I headed out from Montgomery after putting everything in storage, and went to Shreveport to see the kids once more, then headed to Eminence, MO. Rented a cabin there for a month and had a very, very relaxing time just trying to get used to doing nothing really, lol.

After a month in the Ozarks, I headed once more to Houston to get some things taken care of and issued dealt with. once free of there I went back to Shreveport to see the kids one more time and pick up the trailer. I'd dropped it off before heading to the Ozarks as I didn't need it for that time period. Once I was out of Shreveport the long trip to Las Vegas began.

It's not really a long way to Las Vegas, not really, but it seemed there was this weird weather pattern that made sure I had a very, very heavy headwind all the way there. Much slower speeds, while also experiencing much, much lower gas mileage conspired to make it a longer, and more expensive, trip than planned. But, I made it and have been recovering here at my brothers house in Henderson, Nevada.

Altogether, it has been a great trip so far. I've reconnected with family, gotten to spend some time with nephews and nieces I'd not seen for a while, and just had some great laughs so far. My brother, Shawn, and my sister-in-law Julie, have been so welcoming and gracious, I can't thank them enough for letting me stay in their home and just get to be with family again. I have about 15 more days here till time to head north to Yellowstone, and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

The time is approaching though, when I'll have to get packed back up, hook the trailer onto the Jeep, and head north. I've been looking at the roads and trying to keep track of whether or not I'm going to have to buy tire chains before I take off, lol. But, it's looking pretty good at present, the roads are looking pretty clear already. Hopefully it will still be that way when it's time to go.

Off to plan a trip over to Death Valley now, take it easy.

Mac

No comments: